18 ways to educate yourself every day (because nerds are sexy).
Read this blog today and what a great list it is…
1. Watch a TED talk every day.
Didn’t even know about this one… but I guess I’m going to find out over the weekend.
2. Read a random article of interest from www.howstuffworks.comevery day.
Very interesting site and I love the series that runs on discovery channel along the same vein.
3. Read for half an hour every day before bed.
I suck at this… I can NEVER keep it to just 30 minutes… books keep me up all night when they are interesting enough 🙂
4. Learn more about your job.
All those free online courses that companies offer on their intranets… make full use of them 🙂
5. Make learning something you do for “fun”.
This one I’ve got to work on.
6. Work on a puzzle every day.
I love them but I run out of patience.
7. Read classics.
Haven’t done this in a while.
8. Play www.freerice.com for a few minutes every day.
one more website that I’ll have to go check out this weekend.
9. Learn a new word every day.
Was fun when I did it but haven’t done it in a while now… maybe should restart again.
10. Watch Documentaries.
This I do quite a bit and I enjoy it too 🙂
11. Follow some interesting blogs.
That I do quite a bit…. I love reading blogs for the unique perspectives of the writers.
12. Take a class.
Would be nice to do… but then again not a lot of motivation to do this one now.
13. Learn a new language.
Wouldn’t this be nice? I would love to learn Spanish first and then maybe move on to French or Portugese.
14. Take up a new hobby / put more effort into your current hobby.
I really should practice / put more effort into learning how to play my guitar.
15. Try new recipes.
I hate cooking but I do love my salads.
16. Practice memory games.
Definitely should do!
17. Read the headlines.
Does reading the news online count? 🙂
18. Whenever you are making a trip somewhere, or doing something new – take the time to learn a little bit about it.
This I do most passionately… I love traveling and the anticipation of the new place.